I’ve been told many times that for music-goers, nothing beats festival season in Chicago. This was my first time attending Pitchfork and I have to say it was definitely one of the best musical experiences I have ever experienced. With Pitchfork behind us and Lollapalooza and Riot Fest in our midst, bloggers will continue to flock to these festivals to capture trending styles. Shown above, we’ve curated our top 25 festival chic looks from Pitchfork 2014.
Trends for MEN:
- Printed shirts in floral and bold graphic designs.
- Overalls…Maybe it’s time to take some styling tips from your mom when she put you in OshKosh B’gosh. Overalls were also seen at Paris Fashion Week and Pitti Uomo, which makes sense because fashion tends to repeat itself about every 20 years.
- The handlebar mustache
- Jorts! Jean shorts are finally socially acceptable and they were HUGE at Pitchfork. Keep ’em slimmer and rolled up.
Trends for WOMEN:
- The floral crown.
- Crop tops— If you are still on the fence about this popular festival fashion, pair it with a high waisted maxi skirt for the coverage you want, while showing off just a glimpse of skin.
- Combining soft and edgy with a sundress and combat boots.
- Black + White.
We had a blast teaming up with our friends at TOPMAN and hope you enjoyed getting merchandise screen printed live.
Until next year Pitchfork!
Location: Union Park / Chicago
Photography: Foto by Mateo + Nancy Rahman