The weather in Chicago is definitely on the moody front but it doesn’t stop us from entertaining and filling our social calendars from now throughout September.
Indoor entertainment and hosting: One of the trickiest things with indoor hosting and entertaining is how to whip up something quick yet delicious. Our recipes for cocktails are endless and can be found here, depending on your mood. As for what to nibble on for your guests, we’ve got a quick recipe with minimal ingredients to wow your guests.
In this recipe, we’ve used an already prepared sauce from Nando’s because it saves us a lot of time in creating the base marinade. The sauces by Nando’s would never put you down because they are well regarded and of the highest quality you will come across for chicken (and vegetable) marinades or sauces. They have a variety of sauces based on how spicy you’d like your dish to come out, but we decided to stick to the Garlic option.
Chicken and Vegetables have always been successful on any dinner table but sometimes we’re stuck with how to cook our chicken creatively. The recipe below is best served with rice of choice and an additional side such as butter sautéed beans or corn. And for those vegetarians out there, you can always replace the Chicken with a substitute veg like Zucchini or Portabello mushrooms.
Here’s to a successful, chic, delicious yet super quick dinner to prepare and enjoy with your guest. Cheers!
Chicken, Pineapple & Sweet Potato Kebabs
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 4 Chicken breasts with skin on, each cut into 3
- 1 Pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Sweet potato, washed and cut into chunks
- 2 Yellow peppers, quartered
- 2 Red peppers, quartered
- Bay leaves, to garnish
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce
- ½ Cup coconut cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Skewer the chicken, pineapple, sweet potato, yellow peppers and onion onto a large skewer garnishing each end with a bay leaf.
2. Combine the olive oil, Nando’s PERi-PERi sauce and coconut cream in a mixing bowl. Coat the kebabs with the spicy marinade and place in the oven to roast for 45 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked and golden brown.