Enjoy the goodness of Italian recipes with a cozy dessert at home.
Here’s what you need:
- 100g toasted almonds
- 100g toasted hazelnuts
- 100g regular flour
- 100g buckwheat flour
- a baking powder pinch cake
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods (my addition)
- half a vanilla pod
- zest half a lemon
- 160g of sugar
- a large egg
- butter 200g
- a jar of raspberries or cranberries
Here’s what you need to do
- Let the butter soften and break it into pieces.
- Break the almonds and hazelnuts into fine pieces.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar into this mixture.
- Add the spices, lemon zest, some dates to complete the mix.
- Sift the two flours with baking powder, mix them with the chopped dried fruit. Try to make a fountain and put some butter inside the dough. Use a spatula or your fingertips to moisten the flour with the butter.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs and add a pinch of salt to it.
- At this point you need to make a ball and drill a hole in the batter where you put the eggs.
- Knead again until the eggs are thoroughly mixed.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and covered it with a plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Roll out the dough and take a 22 cm dish.
- Evenly distribute the jam and then fold little flaps.
- You can decorate the cake with different shapes as you like. We’ve chosen stars.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes so it sits properly. Then take it out and place it in the oven.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes
Sicily is a dietician and cook who also runs her cooking class business in Italy. You can find more of her Italian recipes on her blog.