When you think of something chic, you probably think of Audrey Hepburn- a simple and elegant immigrant American and a goodwill Ambassador. The principle and art of chic revolves around elegance and simplicity, not just in style; it applies to the way we live- what we say, how we eat, our thinking, perspective, way of life and our attitude towards one another. Whichever it’s applied, so long as it’s simple: Less is more.
Welcome to the chic, where we talk about how to live your best life yet- consciously, kindly and mindfully.
Modern Americans are exposed to enough knowledge to help them make elevated, conscious decisions and encourage more awareness. We are diverse and celebrating diversity. We share stories and conversations from this modern living:
- Featured profiles, entrepreneurs and experts
- Food that nurture body and soul
- Wellness ideas
- Mindfulness & awareness
- Clean beauty, Slow fashion & Style
- All of this does not necessary come at the cost of leaving behind good looking aesthetics, we keep that fully in mind when recommending ideas and product
Modern Americans are redefining American chic and we’re all about capturing this beautiful evolution and moment.
- We will pack up on life advice from experts with you in mind
- We will share stories of real people- their challenges and success
- We believe in less is more and will strive to offer you product ideas that match most budgets while maintaining style and kindness to our planet.
- We will strive to offer you ideas to help you break free from mindless consumerism and empower you in finding true taste and happiness from within
- We will report on trend that keeps sustainability in mind. And we will listen to your thoughts and pass them on to our, your community.
With love from our chic family to yours.
How did the Chic start?
Hi, I’m Nancy Rahman, editor at the Chic. I moved to Chicago as an immigrant from Dubai in 2011. I am Egyptian by culture and nationality. I started blogging due to scarce work opportunities and from there started the chic’s journey.
In 2013, I blogged about the post-financial crisis America where youth was disrupting, innovating and evolving. Artistry, entrepreneurship and self employment flourished.
Meanwhile, the social internet life soared and people around me started traveling and experiencing the world more, bringing back inspiration and creativity.
In 2015, I had children and my passion for the environment and wellness grew stronger. I researched and spent more time educating myself on both topics. This is where I decided to use the chic’s platform and share all my findings in daily inspiration with the chic’s brilliant team. I hope to help you pick up a few thoughtful habits that are kinder to the environment and empower you with simple yet beautiful tactics that help you add even bigger purpose for your wonderful life – from self love to outward, environmental love and everything in between. It is with absolute pleasure that I share these ideas, findings, people and products to enrich your life inside out.
I will do my best to remain loyal to the main voice of this blog & website: championing kindness to one another, inspiring you through interviews with supermen and super women, consuming mindfully in health and lifestyle as well as kindness to the planet.